Fatty Liver Symptoms, Diet, Remedies & Treatment In a Nutshell – Solutions and Recommendations
Fatty liver, also commonly known as FLD or fatty liver disease, is caused by the excessive accumulation of fats in the liver cells.
If such disorder is not given the right attention and control, it could be fatal in the long run. A 5%-10% accumulation of fats against the total weight of the liver is already a case of the disease.
Fatty Liver Symptoms
In the vast majority of cases with fatty liver, symptoms are not easily noticed. In the event an individual does begin noticing symptoms of the disease they often thought of as symptoms of another condition or they are merely overlooked altogether.
Here are a few things you can look for and inform your doctor of in connection with fatty liver disease:
- loss of appetite
- confusion or fogginess
- lack of mental awareness
Fatty Liver Diet
A fatty liver diet plan should typically reduce the fat intake. However, if you have diabetes, drink alcoholic beverages or have undergone a weight loss surgery you need to consult your medical care provider and work closely with a nutritionist to determine your dietary needs and set up a safe and healthy diet for you.
Here are some things you can expect for your modified diet:
- Eat vegetables daily
- Increase the foods you consume that are high in vitamins (especially vitamin C)
- Mineral rich foods are essential in a healthy diet for fatty liver
- eat smaller portions at meal time
- well balanced nutritional foods at meal time and snack time
- eat turkey, chicken and other white meats instead of dark meats
- brown rice and other complex carb rich foods should be eaten regularly
- fiber rich foods are excellent for fatty livers
- vegetables for fatty liver
Avoiding some foods and beverages can help reduce the progression of fatty liver disease. Here are some of the things you should avoid:
- alcoholic beverages
- soda, fruit juice that is not 100% fruit juice and all other high sugar beverages
- dark meats
- fried foods
- simple carb rich foods such as candy, and sweets
- saturated fats should be avoided whenever possible
The sacrifices as far as food and beverages are concerned are minimal when you consider the risks if these sacrifices are not made. In addition to the diet changes, it might be recommended to lose weight as part of your treatment plan.
Fatty Liver Remedies
Herbs that can help improve the liver condition are just around. The most common of them is the milk thistle. Since this is fat soluble, it would be best if this would be consumed together with fatty foods containing olive oil or fish oil. This herb can help in restoring and detoxifying the liver.
Barberry can also help lessen the liver damage for it nourishes it and help to help out to function normally. But this is not to be taken by pregnant women for it can result to miscarriage.
Another is dandelion. This is effective at cleansing the liver and can be taken in raw, as supplement or tincture.
Fatty Liver Treatment
Here are a few of the natural methods that have been utilized to treat fatty liver disease. Feel free to modify these tips to better meet your needs and condition. However, make sure you speak with your doctor before you begin such regimen. You might have to have a treatment regimen built for you to meet all of your individual health needs.
1. Exercise, it does a body good. With routine exercising you can increase your metabolism and immune system while getting into shape. The exercises can be as simple as walking an hour a day or going for a bike ride.
2. Eat healthy well balanced meals in small proportions. The old saying, you are what you eat is very true. If you put junk into your body, it will feel like junk.
3. Natural metabolic enhancers can assist in burning some calories and lose weight. As your doctor what ones would be safe for you to consume.
4. Have any other medical conditions treated by your doctor as soon as possible. This should reduce your symptoms of fatty liver disease once the other conditions are taken control of.