Treating Fatty Liver – Start From Your Diet
If you are concerned about a loved one or yourself because of a recent diagnosis of ratty liver disease you are probably searching frantically for answers to your questions about treating fatty liver. Relax, all of your questions will be answered here. There is no reason to be scared about your treatment options, as they are generally painless and fairly simple to do.
The main method used for treating fatty liver is through a healthier lifestyle, overall. It is important that you are able to get your body into a healthier state and reduce the possibility of this disease progress any further.
The first thing most medical care givers will do is put together a healthier diet plan for the sufferer.
Here are some things you can expect for your modified diet:
- Eat vegetables daily
- Increase the foods you consume that are high in vitamins (especially vitamin C)
- Mineral rich foods are essential in a healthy diet for fatty liver
- eat smaller portions at meal time
- well balanced nutritional foods at meal time and snack time
- eat turkey, chicken and other white meats instead of dark meats
- brown rice and other complex carb rich foods should be eaten regularly
- fiber rich foods are excellent for fatty livers
Avoiding some foods and beverages can help reduce the progression of fatty liver disease. Here are some of the things you should avoid:
- alcoholic beverages
- soda, fruit juice that is not 100% fruit juice and all other high sugar beverages
- dark meats
- fried foods
- simple carb rich foods such as candy, and sweets
- saturated fats should be avoided whenever possible
The sacrifices as far as food and beverages are concerned are minimal when you consider the risks if these sacrifices are not made. In addition to the diet changes, it might be recommended to lose weight as part of your treatment plan.
Whether you are a few pounds overweight or obese, losing weight will be beneficial to your overall health. It is also possible your doctor might want to place you on a vitamin supplement to assist you in getting an adequate amount of vitamins to achieve and maintain optimal health.
A cure for fatty liver disease is not know, to date. However, treating fatty liver has been effective in the vast majority of cases. Keep in mind, the extent of the damage prior to diagnosis and treatment are going to weigh heavily on the treatment regimen and the extent of the damage your body will have to deal with.
However, in cases where the disease was found and a treatment plan was put into place early enough, the overall health was only mildly impacted.